About Online Test Series For IIT-JAM BL
- Standard Format Of Online Test: Best Standardized format of online tests as per all online exams.
- Result Analysis: Correct, Incorrect , Not Attempted
- No Time boundation: Any Day Any Time Any Topic According To Your Preparation And Dynamic Ranking System
- Video Explanations: At The End Of Test VIDEO Explanation To Analyse Your Self
- Actual Exam Syllabus: All The Question Are “At Par” Of Actual Exam
- Unlimited Report View: All The Questions And Video Explanation Can Be Seen And Listen Any Time Even After The Test.
Test Schedule For Online Test Series For IIT JAM BL
To be announced later
Start and Validity Of Online Test Series For IIT JAM BL
To be announced later
Fees For Online Test Series For IIT JAM BL
To be announced later
Syllabus For Online Test Series For IIT JAM BL
TEST UNIT:1. BIOCHEMISTRY
- Structure of atoms, molecules and chemical bonds.
- omposition, structure and function of biomolecules (carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, nucleic acids and vitamins).
- Stablizing interactions (Van der Waals, electrostatic, hydrogen bonding, hydrophobic interaction, etc.).
- Principles of biophysical chemistry (pH, buffer, reaction kinetics, thermodynamics, colligative properties).
- Bioenergetics, glycolysis, oxidative phosphorylation, coupled reaction, group transfer, biological energy transducers.
- Principles of catalysis, enzymes and enzyme kinetics, enzyme regulation, mechanism of enzyme catalysis, isozymes
- Conformation of proteins (Ramachandran plot, secondary structure, domains, motif and folds). Stability of proteins
- Metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids, amino acids nucleotides and vitamins.
- BIOPHYSICAL METHOD:
- RADIOLABELING TECHNIQUES:
TEST UNIT:2. CELL BIOLOGY
- Membrane structure and function(
- Structural organization and function of intracellular organelles
- Cell division and cell cycle
- Cell signaling
- Cellular communication.
- Microscopic techniques:
TEST UNIT: 3. MICROBIOLOGY AND IMMUNOLOGY
- Organisms of health & agricultural importance:
Microbial Physiology (Growth yield and characteristics, strategies of cell division, stress response)
Host parasite interaction Recognition and entry
Classes of microorganizms and their characterization including bacteria and viruses, nutrient requirement for growth; laboratory techniques in microbiology, pathogenic microorganizms and disease; applied microbiology; viruses, Microbial genetics.
- Innate and adaptive immune system Cells and molecules involved in innate and adaptive immunity, antigens, antigenicity and immunogenicity. B and T cell epitopes, structure and function of antibody molecules. generation of antibody diversity, monoclonal antibodies, antibody engineering, antigen-antibody interactions, MHC molecules, antigen processing and presentation, activation and differentiation of B and T cells, B and T cell receptors, humoral and cell-mediated immune responses, primary and secondary immune modulation, the complement system, Toll-like receptors, cell-mediated effector functions, inflammation, hypersensitivity and autoimmunity, immune response during bacterial (tuberculosis), parasitic (malaria) and viral (HIV) infections, congenital and acquired immunodeficiencies, vaccines.
- Histochemical and Immunotechniques.
TEST UNIT: 4. MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND RECOMBINANT DNA TECHNOLOGY
- Conformation of nucleic acids (helix (A, B, Z), t-RNA, micro-RNA). Stability of nucleic acids.
- DNA replication, repair and recombination
- Operon, tructure of chromatin and chromosomes, heterochromatin, euchromatin, transposons).
- RNA synthesis and processing
- Protein synthesis and processing
- Control of gene expression at transcription and translation level
Recombinant DNA methods:
- Isolation and purification of RNA , DNA (genomic and plasmid) and proteins, different separation methods. Analysis of RNA, DNA and proteins by one and two dimensional gel electrophoresis, Isoelectric focusing gels.
- Molecular cloning of DNA or RNA fragments in bacterial and eukaryotic systems.
- Generation of genomic and cDNA libraries in plasmid, phage, cosmid, BAC and YAC vectors.
- In vitro mutagenesis and deletion techniques, gene knock out in bacterial and eukaryotic organisms.
- DNA sequencing methods, strategies for genome sequencing.
- Isolation, separation and analysis of carbohydrate and lipid molecules.
- RFLP, RAPD and AFLP techniques.
Genetic engineering and applied biology:
- Microbial fermentation and production of small and macro molecules.
- Application of immunological principles, vaccines, diagnostics. Tissue and cell culture methods for plants and animals.
- Transgenic animals and plants, molecular approaches to diagnosis and strain identification.
- Genomics and its application to health and agriculture, including gene therapy.
- Bioresource and uses of biodiversity.
- Breeding in plants and animals, including marker – assisted selection
- Bioremediation and phytoremediation
TEST UNIT:5 GENTICS
- Mendelian principles :
- Concept of gene :
- Extensions of Mendelian principles :
- Gene mapping methods :
- Extra chromosomal inheritance :
- Microbial genetics :
- Human genetics :
- Quantitative genetics :
- Mutation :
- Structural and numerical alterations of chromosomes :
- Recombination :
TEST UNIT:6 Plant sciences and plant physiology
- Photosynthesis –
- Respiration and photorespiration –.
- Nitrogen metabolism– .
- Plant hormones–
- Sensory photobiology– .
- Solute transport and photoassimilate translocation–
- Secondary metabolites–
- Stress physiology–
- Outline classification of plants Important criteria used for classification in each taxon. Classification of plants, .
- Developmental biologyembryo sac development and double fertilization in plants embryogenesis, establishment of symmetry in plants; seed formation and germination.
TEST UNIT: 7. ANIMAL SCIENCES AND ANIMAL PHYSIOLOGY
- Blood and circulation and Cardiovascular System:
- Digestive system& Respiratory system –
- Nervous systemand Sense organs –
- Excretory system and Thermoregulation–
- Endocrinology and reproduction–
- Taxonomy Comparative anatomy, adaptive radiation, adaptive modifications. Important criteria used for classification in each taxon. Classification of animals Evolutionary relationships among taxa.
- Electrophysiological methods:
Single neuron recording, patch-clamp recording, ECG, Brain activity recording, lesion and stimulation of brain, pharmacological testing, PET, MRI, fMRI, CAT
- Basic concepts of development : Potency, commitment, specification, induction, competence, determination and differentiation; morphogenetic gradients; cell fate and cell lineages; stem cells; genomic equivalence and the cytoplasmic determinants; imprinting; mutants and transgenics in analysis of development
- Gametogenesis, fertilization and early development: Production of gametes, cell surface molecules in sperm-egg recognition in animals; zygote formation, cleavage, blastula formation, embryonic fields, gastrulation and formation of germ layers in animals;
TEST UNIT: 8 ECOLOGY
- The Environment:
- Habitat and Niche:
- Population Ecology:
- Species Interactions:
- Community Ecology:
- Ecological Succession: .
- Ecosystem Ecology:
- Applied Ecology:
- Conservation Biology:
- Natural history of Indian subcontinent:
- Organisms of health & agricultural importance: Organisms of conservation concern:
TEST UNIT:9 EVOLUTION AND BEHAVIOUR
- Emergence of evolutionary thoughts
- Origin of cells and unicellular evolution:
- Paleontology and Evolutionary History:
- Molecular Evolution:
- Population genetics –.
- Brain, Behavior and Evolution:
TEST UNIT:10 mathematics and statistics
Mathematical functions (algebraic, exponential, trigonometric), their derivatives (derivatives and integrals of simple functions), permutations and combinations.
Measures of central tendency and dispersal; probability distributions (Binomial, Poisson and normal); Sampling distribution; Difference between parametric and non-parametric statistics; Confidence Interval; Errors; Levels of significance; Regression and Correlation; t-test; Analysis of variance; X2 test;; Basic introduction to Muetrovariate statistics, etc.