ABOUT TIFR ENTRANCE
Tentative date of exam notification sep/oct
Tentative date of filling forms : oct/nov
Tentative date of exam December
The TIFR Nationwide Entrance Examination for Biology is also called the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS). Results of the TIFR Entrance Test for Biology (JGEEBILS) will be shared by the following participating institutions.
- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad (http://www.ccmb.res.in )
- Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad (http://www.cdfd.org.in )
- National Brain Research Centre, Manesar (http://www.nbrc.ac.in )
- National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bengaluru (http://www.ncbs.res.in )
- National Centre for Cell Science, Pune (http://www.nccs.res.in )
- Department of Biological Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai (http://www.tifr.res.in/~dbs ).
- Indian Institute of Sciene Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal(http://www.iiserb.ac.in ).
- Indian Institute of Sciene Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata (http://www.iiserkol.ac.in ).
- Indian Institute of Sciene Education and Research (IISER), Tirupati (http://www.iisertirupati.ac.in/ ).
- Indian Institute of Sciene Education and Research (IISER), Pune (http://www.iiserpune.ac.in ).
- Indian Institute of Sciene Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram (http://www.iisertvm.ac.in ).
- National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi (http://www1.nii.res.in ).
- Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB), Faridabad (http://www.rcb.res.in/ ).
- Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC) (http://www.actrec.gov.in/ ).
- Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Bengaluru (http://instem.res.in )
- National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar (http://www.niser.ac.in/ )
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kokata (http://www.saha.ac.in/ )
- Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai (http://www.imsc.res.in/ )
- School of Life Sciences – Manipal University (https://manipal.edu/sls-manipal.html)
Pattern of TIFR ENTRANCE
Stage 1 : – written (P+C+M+B 15 question each =60 questions)
Stage 2 : – research proposal round
Stage 3 : – personal interview round 1
Stage 4 : – personal interview round 2
syllabus of TIFR ENTRANCE: –
No prescribed syllabus they will ask you extreme basics from 9th class to BSc level and all the questions will be puzzles and tricky
Eligibility for TIFR ENTRANCE
For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science (M.Sc. Physics/Chemistry/Any branch of Biology) or any professional Master’s Degree (M.Pharma./M.Tech.), or a > 4 year degree program (e.g. MBBS, BDS).
For I-Ph.D./M.Sc.: Bachelors in any Basic Science (Physics/Chemistry/Any branch of Biology) OR any 4-year degree program that awards a “Bachelor’s degree” including B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma. (4 year course).
Cutoff TIFR ENTRANCE: – not defines as this is multi step exam
Tips to crack TIFR ENTRANCE
- Give enough time to develop your skills of reading meticulously and thoroughly because this entrance is going to ask you tricky puzzles in the name of extreme “basics”
- – Solve all previous year question papers and also go through all 11th, 12th and medical entrance books of multiple choice questions
- – One should prepare will the mathematics and aptitude part also because it contain mathematics puzzles of 9th and 10th level.
- – – For stage II you will get an-email for sending your academic record and SOP (statement of purpose) AKA research proposal
– How to write research proposal click here
– For stage III and stage IV interview rounds click here how to prepare for integrated Ph.D. interviews.
– For stage III and stage IV interview rounds click here how to prepare for Ph.D. interviews