Career after MSc
which are major fellowship exams in India after MSc?
- CSIR NET JRF (click here)
- DBT-JRF (click here)
- ICMR-JRF (click here)
- INSPIRE fellowship
INSPIRE fellowship aims at enhancing research fellowships for doctoral studies and opening up partnerships with private sector for topping the Government’s efforts in nurturing talents for scientific research. This scheme is applicable to Basic and Applied sciences as well as Medicine, Agriculture etc. with provision of multiple entries. The fellowship will be offered to:
(1) INSPIRE Scholar having secured minimum 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) in aggregate at M.Sc. or Integrated M.S. / M.Sc.
(2) 1st Rank Holder at University level examination in each Post-Graduate (PG) level examinations in Basic/ Applied Sciences including Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Sciences from any recognized University and academic Institutions (Excluding Autonomous Colleges) in India. 1st Rank Holders at the Graduate/Post-graduate Level Examination in Medicine only conducted by a University/ Institution in India are also eligible to apply. 1st Rank should be of obtained in minimum batch size of 10 students in that university level examination with minimum aggregate of 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) of the entire course/ program. However, Students who are i) 1st Rank Holder in College including Autonomous College Examination, ii) obtained degree (s) through Distance Education Mode and iii) 1st Rank Holder in any specialization given at M.Sc. 2nd/ last Year, are not eligible. These students shall only be eligible for admission to pursue f u l l – t i m e research, leading to Ph.D. in any Indian University/ National Institute/ National Laboratories in India
How to get good Ph.D.?
Here we have enlisted some of the leading institute of India where you can apply for Ph.D. after qualifying JRF/ PhD entrance. In Many of the institute Ph.D. admission procedure include direct interview after qualifying JRF and for that you must prepare yourself how to prepare for PhD interview
|Name of the|
|website||Interview call on the basis of||Written screening tests before interview||interview|
|AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences)||https://www.aiimsexams.org/||JRF||Yes||1 round|
|NBRC( National Brain Research Centre)||http://www.nbrc.ac.in/||Academic record as well as JRF||yes||2 rounds|
|IISc Bangalore||https://www.iisc.ac.in/||Written test or JRF||no||2 rounds|
|The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research|| http://www.ncbs.res.in/ |
|Witten test ( JRF /GATE considered at interview)||no||2 rounds|
|Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)||www.barc.gov.in/||Witten test ( JRF /GATE considered at interview)||no||2 rounds|
|IIT-bombay||http://www.iitb.ac.in/||JRF /GATE||yes||2 rounds|
|IIT-Roorkee||http://www.iitr.ac.in/||JRF /GATE||Yes||1 rounds|
|IIT-Delhi||http://www.iitd.ac.in/||JRF /GATE||Yes||1 rounds|
|IISER Bhopal||http://www.iiserb.ac.in/||JRF /GATE||yes||2 rounds|
|IISER pune||www.iiserpune.ac.in||JRF /GATE||Yes||2 rounds|
|IISER Kolkata||www.iiserkol.ac.in||JRF /GATE||Yes||2 rounds|
|IISER mohali||www.iisermohali.ac.in||JRF /GATE||yes||2 rounds|
|JNU-SBT JNU-SLS JNU-SES JNU-SCMM||https://www.jnu.ac.in/||Written test or JRF||no||1 rounds|
|NIPGER||www.nipgr.res.in/||JRF /GATE||yes||2 rounds|
|ICGEB||https://www.icgeb.org||JRF /GATE||yes||2 rounds|
|IMTECH chandigarh||https://www.imtech.res.in/||JRF /GATE||yes||2 rounds|
– How to apply for Ph.D. in foreign university?
How to apply for Ph.D. in foreign universities you all have dream to get Ph.D. in foreign universities. But before proceeding first find out financial credential like either you should have fellowship granted by university it self or other Agencies.
Different continents and countries have different methods of screening for going admission
– your academic back ground & research experience is a bonus for getting admission in foreign universities
– your research publication
– your association with NGOs serving for betterment of society also give good remark when you apply for courses related with applied research, diploma or degree.
– English proficiency test like TOEFL, IELTS
– GRE (General)
– GRE (Subject)